Teaching Assistant Training (TAT)
Fall 2023 Training
Monday, August 14—Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Aloha Teaching Assistants!
Welcome to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa! We think you’ll enjoy our offerings for your training. Teaching Assistant Training is mandatory for new TAs. Experienced TAs from several departments will be available throughout the training program.
There is no cost for TA Training.
- Experienced TA panel
- Undergraduate Student Panel on Teaching and Learning
- Rights and Responsibilities of TAs
- Teaching Your Own Class or Lab
- Classroom Management Skills
- Grading and Assessing Student Work
- Professional and Ethical Issues
- Teaching in a Multicultural Environment
- Facilitating Effective Discussions
- Encouraging Active Learning
- UH as a Hawaiian Place of Learning
- Fostering Honest and Productive Relationships
- And more!
This program is sponsored by Graduate Division and the English Language Institute.
Mahalo for helping with TA Training!
TA Training Videos
All TA Training participants are required to watch pre-recorded videos prior to the start of their classes.
Looking for presentation slides and handouts? View our TA Training Handouts & Resources page.
Questions about TA Training? Contact CTE.