Making it Happen! Examples of Model HAP Designation Proposals
Thursday, April 22, 2021
12:00 pm–1:15 pm
In the third installment of the Hawaiʻi, Asia & Pacific (HAP) State of Mind Workshop Series, the HAP Board will be joined by Katherine Achacoso and Derek Taira to explore their recent successful HAP Focus designation proposals.
For a preview on blending in-person and online student audiences at UH, review this video in which Assistant Professor Katie Landgraf describes her experiences teaching in the HOT format.
This workshop will:
- Examine how Indigenous Hawaiian, Asian, and Pacific perspectives are integrated appropriately into course curricula
- Illustrate the value of the HAP Focus designation
- Provide guidance for instructors wanting to propose a successful HAP course
- Katherine Achacoso, Department of American Studies
- Derek Taira, Department of Educational Foundations
This workshop is co-sponsored by the General Education Office, the Hawaiian, Asian & Pacific Issues Focus board, and the Center for Teaching Excellence.